The most popular pages on the site last year were two different ways of running BASIC in your browser:
- Palo Alto Tiny BASIC in Your Browser but running in an assembly language emulator. Two out of three page views to my site inn 2020 were to this page!
- Play BASIC Computer Games in Your Browser – My integration of David Ahl’s game collection with Joshua Bell’s JS BASIC emulator. (Further notes on its development.)
My personal project during the height of COVID-19 lockdowns was reading old manuals for BASIC and related languages and then drafting articles and portions of articles to add to Wikipedia:
- BASIC Interpreters: New Wikipedia Article – My magnum opus.
- DOPE (Dartmouth Oversimplified Programming Experiment) – Forerunner to BASIC.
- An Interactive BASIC with a Punch-Card Mentality – How the punch-card paradigm was reflect in the first version of BASIC, even though it was interactive.
- The Dialects of Tiny BASIC
- The BASIC Programming Atari Cartridge was the Worst Commercial BASIC Ever
- Line Numbers in Fortran, Cobol, Joss, and Basic
- History of Game Art: Timeshare BASIC Edition
My own BASIC games: